Chamber choir Granta Chorale set for lunchtime concert at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
A chamber choir of between 24 and 30 singers will perform a lunchtime concert in the Lady Chapel of Ely Cathedral on Saturday April 22.
Granta Chorale, formed in 2007, will perform a variety of music from the renaissance to the present day, much of it a capella, and their programmes often juxtapose music in contrasting styles.
“We enjoy exploring the acoustics of the historic churches we sing in, sometimes using less obvious performing spaces to unusual effect,” say the group.
Admission by cathedral ticket or pass; there will also be a retiring collection.
For more information call Ely Cathedral box office on 01353 660349 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also want to watch:
The concert starts at 2.30pm.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor