Celebrity chefs, live music and free entry -Newmarket Food & Drink Festival returns this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Now in its third year and free to attend, Newmarket Food & Drink Festival returns from 10am to 4.30pm this Saturday (16) and Sunday (17).
Visitors will have the chance to taste incredible food from top local producers and enjoy a wide variety of street food with influences from across the globe.
Taking place across Palace Street and in The Guineas, there will also be the opportunity to improve your own cooking skills with demonstrations from chefs from renowned restaurants across East Anglia, as well famous celebrity chefs.
Theo Randall, of BBC’s Saturday Kitchen, features on Sunday and, on Saturday, one of Britain’s best-loved food writers, Sophie Grigson, will showcase what makes their cooking so sought after in the G’s Fresh Cookery Live Kitchen, in the Heritage Centre’s Kings Yard.
Wine expert Oz Clarke will also be on hand on Sunday to ensure that you can host the ultimate dinner party.
You may also want to watch:
The Newmarket Buskers’ Competition finals will also be held, with performers competing for a £1,000 prize.
Visit www.newmarketfoodanddrink.co.uk for more information.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry