Celebration of the cello at special recital in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Award winning cellist Misha Nemtsov will play at a special recital in Ely next month.
The solo recital is taking place from 7.30pm, in St Mary’s Church, on May 12, and is set to feature solo pieces by Bach, Hindemith and Cassado.
Mr Nemtsov has won prizes in a series of international competitions, the most prestigious of which was the 2011 Pierre Fournier award.
The concert is raising funds for the Potter’s Village, in Uganda, which cares for abandoned orphans and single mothers.
Sarah Mnatzaganian, who helped to organise the event, said: “The cello is a very special instrument as it’s the closest in tonal range to the human voice. Many people who otherwise aren’t keen on stringed instruments love the sound of the cello, and the solo pieces of JS Bach are among the most popular solo repertoire of all time.
You may also want to watch:
“Misha’s concert will be an intimate musical experience and a rare opportunity to hear a world-class player in the lovely acoustic of St Mary’s Church.”
Tickets, priced at £5 each, are available on the door. Children are admitted free.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
Contact Mrs Mnatzaganian on 01353 668559 for more information.