Celebrate the start of autumn at Burwell’s Harvest Fair
- Credit: Archant
Burwell Museum will be celebrating the beginning of autumn by hosting a Harvest Fair on September 28.
Local producers, including Burwell’s Women’s Institute, will be showcasing their wares from 11am-5pm and there will be a chance for visitors to discover harvest customs and join in with traditional crafts.
Guests will also have a chance to learn how to brew beer from scratch or join volunteers in a pop-up pub for a free pint or soft drink.
There will also be live folk music and a barbecue.
A spokesman said: “Taste and try goods before you buy, and even pick up tips on making bread and chutney. This could be a chance to start stocking up for Christmas.”
You may also want to watch:
Admission to the event costs £4 for adults and £1.50 for children. Season ticket holders enter free.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody