Catch up with Katniss at Ely cinema
- Credit: Archant
The first instalment of box office smash hit The Hunger Games: Mockingjay is coming to Ely cinema in January.
The film follows on from Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) disturbing the balance in Panem’s Hunger Games, where a male and female from each of Panem’s 13 districts are forced in an arena to fight until there is a sole survivor to provide stability in the dystopian world, by forcing the organisers to allow two to survive in the first film, sparking rebellions in the districts.
Everdeen was again thrust in the limelight in the second adaptation, as for the first time 24 previous winners were sent back to the Hunger Games arena. She again manages to spark outcry by destroying the forcefield and the arena with it.
This time, Everdeen is asked to become the revolution’s poster girl, taking a role to inspire the districts to take part in the uprising against the rich capital.
The latest film expects you to remember the previous two. If you haven’t caught up, then for the first 20 minutes you find yourself wracking your brain before you can settle in to the action.
You may also want to watch:
As you might expect from one book split into two, Mockingjay – Part 1 is just a stepping stone to set up the finale next year.
Catch the film at Ely cinema on Sunday, January 25, at 3pm. For tickets, call 01353 616991.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November