Catch up with Katniss at Ely cinema
- Credit: Archant
The first instalment of box office smash hit The Hunger Games: Mockingjay is coming to Ely cinema in January.
The film follows on from Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) disturbing the balance in Panem’s Hunger Games, where a male and female from each of Panem’s 13 districts are forced in an arena to fight until there is a sole survivor to provide stability in the dystopian world, by forcing the organisers to allow two to survive in the first film, sparking rebellions in the districts.
Everdeen was again thrust in the limelight in the second adaptation, as for the first time 24 previous winners were sent back to the Hunger Games arena. She again manages to spark outcry by destroying the forcefield and the arena with it.
This time, Everdeen is asked to become the revolution’s poster girl, taking a role to inspire the districts to take part in the uprising against the rich capital.
The latest film expects you to remember the previous two. If you haven’t caught up, then for the first 20 minutes you find yourself wracking your brain before you can settle in to the action.
As you might expect from one book split into two, Mockingjay – Part 1 is just a stepping stone to set up the finale next year.
Catch the film at Ely cinema on Sunday, January 25, at 3pm. For tickets, call 01353 616991.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 3 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 4 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Plea to give beloved Reba 'best fighting chance'
- 9 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
- 10 Noise warning issued due to increased flying over RAF Lakenheath