Catch up with an artistic great and a loveable bear at Ely Cinema this month
- Credit: Archant
Directed by Mike Leigh and starring Timothy Spall, Turner looks at the life and times of one of Britain’s greatest landscape artists, the eccentric JMW Turner.
The film also examines his close relationship with his ailing father and the women in his life in a boisterous 90-minute biopic of the great man.
The film, rated 12A, is showing at Ely Cinema today (Thursday) at 3pm.
Showing on Sunday (January 18), at 3pm and 7.30pm, is the heart-warming family film, Paddington.
The film, rated PG, stars Downton Abbey’s Hugh Bonneville, and Sally Hawkins, with Ben Whishaw as the voice of the bear and follows Paddington as he arrives in London from his native Peru wearing a ‘Please Look After This Bear’ label.
You may also want to watch:
He is befriended by kindly Mr and Mrs Brown and embarks on a series of delightful adventures.
For tickets to either film, priced from £5.50/£6.50, visit www.adec.org.uk or call 01353 616991.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 3 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 6 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 7 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 10 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure