Catch up with an artistic great and a loveable bear at Ely Cinema this month
- Credit: Archant
Directed by Mike Leigh and starring Timothy Spall, Turner looks at the life and times of one of Britain’s greatest landscape artists, the eccentric JMW Turner.
The film also examines his close relationship with his ailing father and the women in his life in a boisterous 90-minute biopic of the great man.
The film, rated 12A, is showing at Ely Cinema today (Thursday) at 3pm.
Showing on Sunday (January 18), at 3pm and 7.30pm, is the heart-warming family film, Paddington.
The film, rated PG, stars Downton Abbey’s Hugh Bonneville, and Sally Hawkins, with Ben Whishaw as the voice of the bear and follows Paddington as he arrives in London from his native Peru wearing a ‘Please Look After This Bear’ label.
He is befriended by kindly Mr and Mrs Brown and embarks on a series of delightful adventures.
For tickets to either film, priced from £5.50/£6.50, visit www.adec.org.uk or call 01353 616991.
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 8 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’