Catch the Pigeon hope to shake up the Ely ceilidh scene with Ely Beet Club show
- Credit: Archant
Catch the Pigeon is bringing the traditional style back to the city with a ceilidh at Ely Beet Club next Friday (February 24).
John Blackwell, of the band, said: “We are a newly formed ceilidh band made up of a group of local musicians that have been playing together for years.
“A few years ago there was a regular ceilidh open to all from Ely and we want to revive that with the energy and enthusiasm that we bring to dance floor.
“The sound is a riot with traditional instruments backed by baritone sax.”
The caller at the ceilidh, which runs from 8-11pm, will be Steve Rule.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets; £8 on the door, available from www.catchthepigeon.uk or by calling 01353 624739.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'