Cambridgeshire singer-songwriter Lana Bruce to launch ‘Hibiscus Heat’ EP at The Drayman’s Son, Fore Hill, Ely
- Credit: Archant
A Cambridgeshire singer-songwriter will launch her new EP at The Drayman’s Son on Fore Hill in Ely later this month.
Lana Bruce will debut the four-track EP ‘Hibiscus Heat’ at the venue on Wednesday May 31.
The release is the culmination of her final music project at Cambridge Regional College, where she is a first year student studying music.
The 17-year-old, who describes her music as folk-pop with a Hawaiian twist, said: “I visited Hawaii when I was 10 and the culture and environment had a strong influence on me.
“I think this CD will appeal to people who enjoy Jack Johnson as these tracks have a similar feel.”
You may also want to watch:
Talking of the launch, she added: “All the tracks will be available digitally and through streaming services but live music is very important to me.
“The Drayman’s Son is an intimate music venue and I’m looking forward to playing these songs to a local audience.”
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
Physical copies of the CD will be available on the night.
Visit Lana’s SoundCloud page to hear her music.