Cambridgeshire singer-songwriter Lana Bruce to launch ‘Hibiscus Heat’ EP at The Drayman’s Son, Fore Hill, Ely
- Credit: Archant
A Cambridgeshire singer-songwriter will launch her new EP at The Drayman’s Son on Fore Hill in Ely later this month.
Lana Bruce will debut the four-track EP ‘Hibiscus Heat’ at the venue on Wednesday May 31.
The release is the culmination of her final music project at Cambridge Regional College, where she is a first year student studying music.
The 17-year-old, who describes her music as folk-pop with a Hawaiian twist, said: “I visited Hawaii when I was 10 and the culture and environment had a strong influence on me.
“I think this CD will appeal to people who enjoy Jack Johnson as these tracks have a similar feel.”
Talking of the launch, she added: “All the tracks will be available digitally and through streaming services but live music is very important to me.
“The Drayman’s Son is an intimate music venue and I’m looking forward to playing these songs to a local audience.”
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
Physical copies of the CD will be available on the night.
Visit Lana’s SoundCloud page to hear her music.