Cambridge University Gilbert & Sullivan Society to perform ‘HMS Pinafore’
- Credit: Archant
Cambridge University Gilbert & Sullivan Society will bring their production of ‘HMS Pinafore’ to the West Road Concert Hall this month.
The ‘HMS Pinafore’ opened at the Opera Comique in London in May 1878 and ran for 571 performances. Aboard the HMS Pinafore, sailor Ralph Rackstraw and the captain’s daughter Josephine are madly in love.
Neither dares declare it, divided as they are by the barriers of class.
“It is a satirical tale of forbidden love and shocking revelations of class and identity,” say promoters.
“With its rousing anthems and beautiful arias, this spectacular production is not to be missed”.
You may also want to watch:
The show will be performed from February 9 to 11 at 2.30pm and 7.45pm.
Tickets, which range from £6 to £19, are available from www.adcticketing.com or by calling the box office on 01223 300085.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4