Cambridge University European Theatre Group returns to ADC Theatre with Much Ado About Nothing
- Credit: Archant
The Cambridge University European Theatre Group returns to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge from Tuesday 16 to Saturday 20 January.
Having completed a successful winter tour, the company of university students transported all of their set, lights, actors, and technicians in a coach around Europe performing Shakespeare’s vibrant comedy Much Ado About Nothing.
The group have already performed to sold-out audiences in France, Switzerland and Belgium.
This year’s show weaves Shakespeare’s wit and intrigue with carnivalesque spectacle. An impressively clever set, colourful costumes, and upbeat music bring this tale to life for younger audiences, while a darker undercurrent maintains the interest for adults, making this a perfect family outing.
This is the 60th year of the touring group, having been founded in 1957 by a group of students including Trevor Nunn and Sir Derek Jacobi.
You may also want to watch:
Since then the tour has continued to produce leading names in British drama including Miriam Margolyes and Stephen Fry.
Tickets available at www.adctheatre.com/muchado
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound