Cambridge Philharmonic to stage family friendly Pinocchio – and raise money for EACH
- Credit: Archant
Cambridge Philharmonic will stage a special charity performance of Jonathan Dove’s opera ‘The Adventures of Pinocchio’ at West Road Concert Hall on Saturday December 19.
The event is also being held to raise funds for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
‘The Adventures of Pinocchio’ originally premiered in 2007 with Opera North, and several of the original cast returns for the Cambridge performance, including Victoria Simmonds in the eponymous role.
Other returning cast include Jonathan Summers as Geppetto, Rebecca Bottone as Cricket, Mary Plazas as the Blue Fairy and Mark Wilde as Cat.
Prior to that, on December 7, local baker and star of the 2015 series of the ‘Great British Bake Off’ Ian Cumming will attend a full rehearsal where a giant cake that he has made, in the shape of a large scale Christmas tree, will be sold during the break to raise further funds for the hospice.
A spokesman for the Cambridge Philharmonic said: “We are so excited to be staging this wonderful production, and hope it will help introduce a younger audience to the incredible world of opera.”
The Adventures of Pinocchio will be performed at the West Road Concert Hall, Cambridge, at 6.30pm.
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 6 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 7 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 8 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 9 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
Tickets, which range from £15-30, can be purchased from www.cambridgelivetrust.co.uk or through the Cambridge Philharmonic website, www.cam-phil.org.uk.