Cambridge Philharmonic to stage family friendly Pinocchio – and raise money for EACH
- Credit: Archant
Cambridge Philharmonic will stage a special charity performance of Jonathan Dove’s opera ‘The Adventures of Pinocchio’ at West Road Concert Hall on Saturday December 19.
The event is also being held to raise funds for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
‘The Adventures of Pinocchio’ originally premiered in 2007 with Opera North, and several of the original cast returns for the Cambridge performance, including Victoria Simmonds in the eponymous role.
Other returning cast include Jonathan Summers as Geppetto, Rebecca Bottone as Cricket, Mary Plazas as the Blue Fairy and Mark Wilde as Cat.
Prior to that, on December 7, local baker and star of the 2015 series of the ‘Great British Bake Off’ Ian Cumming will attend a full rehearsal where a giant cake that he has made, in the shape of a large scale Christmas tree, will be sold during the break to raise further funds for the hospice.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Cambridge Philharmonic said: “We are so excited to be staging this wonderful production, and hope it will help introduce a younger audience to the incredible world of opera.”
The Adventures of Pinocchio will be performed at the West Road Concert Hall, Cambridge, at 6.30pm.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
Tickets, which range from £15-30, can be purchased from www.cambridgelivetrust.co.uk or through the Cambridge Philharmonic website, www.cam-phil.org.uk.