Cambridge Folk Festival tickets go onsale next Tuesday!
- Credit: Archant
Tickets for next year’s Cambridge Folk Festival, one of the most prestigious folk festivals in the world, will go onsale next Tuesday, December 1 at 10am.
This year, as part of its aim to develop young audiences, Cambridge Live has introduced new reduced ticket prices for 16-17 and 18-21-year-olds, and retained the 2015 price for 5-15 year-olds.
The festival, which has been running since 1965, welcomed The Proclaimers, Passenger, Nick Mulvey, CoCo & The Butterfields and Flo Morrissey to last year’s event.
Held in the parkland setting of Cherry Hinton Hall, the festival is known for its relaxed atmosphere, and family friendliness, offering covered and open stages, street theatre, music workshops, real ale bars, a youth area, internet café, storytelling, a free crèche, paddling pool and playground.
The festival line-up will be announced by Cambridge Live in spring 2016.
You may also want to watch:
Sara Garnham, chairman of Cambridge Live, said: “With a commitment to developing new young talent an important part of the Cambridge Folk Festival, it only seems right that we also encourage more young people to be the new generation of festival goers.”
Adult tickets for the full festival cost £159, day prices start at £26.50 and concession prices are available for city residents.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
For more information, visit www.cambridgefolkfestival.co.uk