Patti Smith and John Prine among Cambridge Folk Festival 2018 headliners
- Credit: Archant
Patti Smith and John Prine are among the first headliners announced for Cambridge Folk Festival 2018.
Saturday night’s headline slot at Cherry Hinton Hall will see the iconic Patti Smith and her band onstage while Sunday night’s headliner is the legendary John Prine. Joining the diverse line-up and appearing as a UK festival exclusive is singer-songwriter Janis Ian, along with Rosanne Cash and a supporting line-up of musicians and artists including Kate Rusby, Beth Nielsen Chapman, Eliza Carthy and The Wayward Band plus blues legend Eric Bibb.
Acclaimed Americana pioneer Rhiannon Giddens will be performing on Stage One, as well as joining the event as guest curator or Cambridge Folk Festival.
Also performing are Elephant Sessions and John Smith, The Pierce Brothers.
Cambridge Folk Festival is one of the longest running folk festivals in the world. Held each year since 1965, the festival is renowned for its unique atmosphere and eclectic mix of music. It attracts legendary traditional folk artists along with cutting edge contemporary acts, American country, blues and roots artists and acclaimed singer songwriters.
You may also want to watch:
The festival takes place from August 2 to 5. For tickets and more information visit www.cambridgefolkfestival.co.uk
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident