Café Creative brings week of live art to Babylon in Ely
- Credit: Archant
A week of live art is coming to Babylon ARTS, Waterside, Ely from Wednesday 10 to Sunday 14 May.
Babylon’s gift shop artists and makers will take over the gallery space from 12noon to 4pm each day as part of ‘Café Creative’.
“Come and see free demonstrations throughout the week with work for sale directly from the maker. Enjoy a tea or coffee (or even a glass of wine) in our beautiful riverside gallery,” say organisers.
Entry is free but donations are welcome.
Day by day
Wednesday 10: Nadine Anderson (Ely Baskets) and Sarah Ruff (textiles).
Thursday 11: Sue Spence (paintings & collage) and Jane Fellows (paintings).
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 5 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 8 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 9 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
- 10 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
Friday 12: Nick Walker (ceramics & linocuts)
Saturday 13: Andy English (block wood printing) and Alison Hullyer (printing)
Sunday 14: Anna Osbourne (textiles) and Stuart Green (paintings).