Brush up on your writing with new workshop
- Credit: Archant
Have you already broken those new year resolutions you so optimistically made?
Don’t despair, if you have always wanted to write but never seem to get round to it then here is your chance to redeem yourself with a brand new resolution.
Tutor and writer Sue Burge is running a day of memoir writing at the Babylon Gallery, in Waterside, Ely, on February 9, with the theme of ‘Transforming Experience’.
The workshop is open to all levels with no experience necessary as there will be plenty of exercises to generate ideas and practise techniques.
The day will focus on memories and experiences and explore how these can be transformed into engaging prose and poetry. Any short pieces of writing which arise from the day’s themes can be sent to Sue for expert feedback and there will be plenty of input during the day to help you improve writing.
You may also want to watch:
The course runs from 10am-4pm and costs £30. There are limited places available so to book contact Sue on 01553 692798 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.sueburge.co.uk
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 6 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 7 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'