Bruce Jones, who played Les Battersby in Coronation Street, to star in panto at The Brook in Soham
- Credit: Archant
Bruce Jones, best known for playing Les Battersby in Coronation Street, will star in this year’s pantomime at The Brook in Soham.
Jones will play the role of Pc Pong in nine performances of Aladdin, from December 26–30.
A spokesman for Anton Benson Productions, which is presenting the pantomime, said: “We are looking forward to bringing the Christmas spirit to the Soham community this year and promise music, dancing and more laughs than you can shake a holly branch at.”
Join Aladdin and a whole host of panto favourites including the wondrous Widow Twankey, the pompous Pc Pong, evil Abanazar and his silly sidekick Suzy the Slave of the Ring in a frolicking laugh-a-minute, all-singing, all-dancing magic carpet ride through panto land.
The cast is completed by professional actors Colin McGowan (Aladdin), Edward D’arcy Hatton (Widow Twankey), Howard Scott Walker (Abanazar), Amy-Jane Ollies (Princess Jasmyn) and Holly Robson (Suzy the Slave of the Ring).
You may also want to watch:
The animated Mr Bean character will be appearing as Genie.
Accompanying the production will by live musicians and dancers from the Newmarket School of Dance.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
Tickets are on sale now and cost £9 for adults, £9 for children and concessions. A family ticket (two adults and two children) costs £35.
To purchase tickets, contact 0843 20 80 500 or 01353 721748, or visit www.quaytickets.com
December 26: 4pm
December 27–30: 2pm and 5pm each day