Bruce Jones, who played Les Battersby in Coronation Street, to star in panto at The Brook in Soham
- Credit: Archant
Bruce Jones, best known for playing Les Battersby in Coronation Street, will star in this year’s pantomime at The Brook in Soham.
Jones will play the role of Pc Pong in nine performances of Aladdin, from December 26–30.
A spokesman for Anton Benson Productions, which is presenting the pantomime, said: “We are looking forward to bringing the Christmas spirit to the Soham community this year and promise music, dancing and more laughs than you can shake a holly branch at.”
Join Aladdin and a whole host of panto favourites including the wondrous Widow Twankey, the pompous Pc Pong, evil Abanazar and his silly sidekick Suzy the Slave of the Ring in a frolicking laugh-a-minute, all-singing, all-dancing magic carpet ride through panto land.
The cast is completed by professional actors Colin McGowan (Aladdin), Edward D’arcy Hatton (Widow Twankey), Howard Scott Walker (Abanazar), Amy-Jane Ollies (Princess Jasmyn) and Holly Robson (Suzy the Slave of the Ring).
The animated Mr Bean character will be appearing as Genie.
Accompanying the production will by live musicians and dancers from the Newmarket School of Dance.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 6 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 7 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 9 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
- 10 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
Tickets are on sale now and cost £9 for adults, £9 for children and concessions. A family ticket (two adults and two children) costs £35.
To purchase tickets, contact 0843 20 80 500 or 01353 721748, or visit www.quaytickets.com
December 26: 4pm
December 27–30: 2pm and 5pm each day