British folk trio Show of Hands and singer songwriter Kirsty Merryn to perform at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
There can’t be many venues across the UK and beyond that British folk ambassadors Show of Hands have not already conquered with their inimitable delivery of sensational folk, roots and acoustic music.
But 2017 sees Steve Knightley, Phil Beer and Miranda Sykes bring their talents to Ely Cathedral.
Steve said: “There’s something about the ambience, sanctity and rich history of a cathedral that lends itself perfectly to what we do. It’s going to be a really special tour.
“We’ll be bringing out some of the classics of course, but we’re also excited to be able to showcase brand-new material in truly unique settings.”
Having sold out the Royal Albert Hall five times, the trio will be joined by singer-songwriter Kirsty Merryn as the special guest. Performing just days before releasing her debut album ‘She & I’, prepare to hear a collection of original songs about inspirational women.
You may also want to watch:
The performance takes place on Wednesday November 8 from 7.30pm.
Tickets, £29.50 (carers’ free) are available online via www.tickets.elycathedral.org or by calling Ely Cathedral box office on 01353 660349.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens