Book your place at free careers event coming to Ely
- Credit: Archant
The Maltings in Ely is set to play host to a free careers event, in June.
Skills Springboard will connect people with the skills and knowhow of professionals to help them take that next step on the career ladder.
The event takes place at the Maltings, in Ship Lane, on Tuesday, June 23, between 9.45 am and 2.30pm.
There will be a range of workshops that people can attend, including, writing online applications, advice on business start-ups and CV writing. There will also be an opportunity to network at a lunch with local businesses and organisations too.
The event has been put together by the Enterprising Communities Partnership, which includes Cambridgeshire County Council, CHS Group and the Cambridgeshire Timebanking partnership, as well as local businesses.
You may also want to watch:
Gerry Cano, from CHS Group, said: “The Skills Springboard brings together professionals from different backgrounds to share their knowledge and expertise with participants.
“It is an invaluable opportunity for anyone needing advice and support to get into work or is considering starting up their own business. We are a friendly bunch and look forward to seeing you there.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
To book a place, contact Zoe Davidson on 01223 699672. Places can also be booked online by e-mailing at firstname.lastname@example.org