Book a date for Open Farm Sunday
- Credit: © Keith Mindham Photography
Dozens of farms across Cambridgeshire will be opening their gates once again this year for the 10th annual Open Farm Sunday.
The event organised by Linking Environment And Farming, offers a chance for the public to find out more about where their food comes from, talk to the farmers who produce it and get up close and personal with the countryside.
This year’s event takes place on Sunday, June 7.
In Cambridgeshire, you will be able to visit Hainey Farm, in Barway, South Angle Farm Park and Triangle Farm, in Soham, the College of West Anglia, in Milton, Burwash Manor, in Barton, and Redmoor Fruit Farm, in Wisbech, among others.
A spokesman for Open Farm Sunday said: “Come and meet the farmers who grow the wheat and oats that go into our breakfast cereals and bread and look after the cattle and hens that produce our milk and eggs.
You may also want to watch:
“Talk to them about how they rear the meat that goes into our Sunday roasts and sausages and see first hand how our fruit and vegetables are grown.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on