Musical magic and chat comes to Ely with the annual Boo Hewerdine Christmas Show
- Credit: Archant
Musical magic comes to Ely with The Boo Hewerdine Christmas Show featuring special guests.
The popular event is into it’s 9th year and for 2018 the special guests include Kiki Dee, Heidi Talbot and John McCusker.
Boo, has written for top artists for years and combines music with chat at this annual show that has become an Ely tradition.
Ely resident Boo has some great stories to tell - he’s written songs for artists like Natalie Imbruglia, KD Lang, a couple of Spice Girls, Eddi Reader, Sia and many more…
Listening to Boo talk, audiences say it is clear he is not only passionate about composing but also inspiring others through his song writing workshops, about empowering others to achieve.
You may also want to watch:
As a youngster, with an old record player and a handful of records, he looked at the lables on the vinyl and saw the names of those who had written the songs in brackets.
He decided then, at the age of seven, that’s what he would do.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
He says on his website: “I couldn’t sing or play an instrument but I had an internal jukebox going on the whole time.
“All I ever wanted was my name in the brackets.”