Bolshoi Ballet : Sleeping Beauty at Ely Cinema
- Credit: Archant
The Bolshoi Ballet’s 2013/14 screenings at Ely Cinema continue this festive season with Sleeping Beauty on Sunday December 22 at 4pm, with a high-definition broadcast of one of the Bolshoi’s most spectacular performances.
Based on Charles Perrault’s classic fairy tale, Sleeping Beauty has been hugely successful since its premiere in 1890.
Marius Petipa’s masterpiece is one of the most popular and accomplished choreographic works in the classical repertoire. The new version by Yuri Grigorovich will captivate fairy-tale lovers and the whole family during the Christmas season.
Caroline Cawley from ADeC, who run the cinema based in the Maltings, said: “If you’ve never seen a ballet before, this is a great introduction, featuring one of the world’s most accomplished prima ballerinas Svetlana Zakharova as Princess Aurora, with David Hallberg as her Prince.
“With sumptuous costumes and scenery and beautiful music from Tchaikovsky, this production will appeal to the whole family at Christmas.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available from the ADeC box office on 01353 616991, online at www.adec.org.uk and in person from the Babylon Gallery at Waterside, and Burrows bookshop in Ely.
Tickets cost £5.50 for children and students, and £12.50 for adults.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
*Three more screenings from the Bolshoi Ballet are planned for the new year, with Jewels on January 19, Lost Illusions on February 2, and The Golden Age on March 30.