Bob Fox to perform at Ely Folk Club
- Credit: Archant
Veteran folk musician Bob Fox will be the headline act for the next meeting of Ely Folk Club.
Fox has more than 40 years experience as a folk singer and musician and will bring his unique style to the city’s popular club on June 17.
Fox’s career began in 1975, when after spending five years as a floor singer around the many folk clubs in the North East of England he met Tom McConville and his career as a professional folk singer/musician began.
In 2000, Bob celebrated 25 years of singing folk songs professionally with a number of tours both in the UK and abroad, starting with an appearance as ‘special guest’ on the Fairport Convention tour and continuing with folk club tours in Britain, Holland and Canada.
He will take to the stage at the Old Dispensary, in St Mary’s Street, at 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
Supporting Fox will be Wider Skies, a newly formed band that was brought together through a shared connection with Molly dancing. The band will feature the traditional sounds of the fiddle, mandola, whistle, guitar and percussion.
Entry to the club is £10 in advance, or £11 on the door, with tickets available by calling 01353 740999.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Visit www.elyfolkclub.co.uk for more details.