Beer festival needs your help
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers are needed to help out at the seventh Ely Winter Beer Festival being held later this month with more than 70 ales and 20 ciders for drinkers to try.
The event, organised by Ely and District CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale), is being held at The Maltings on January 29 and 30 from 10.30am to 8pm both days.
Hot food will be available and there also be a joint brewery bar, hosted by Bexar County, Abstract Jungle and local brewery Three Blind Mice.
Other local breweries attending will be Cambridge Moonshine, Milton, Buntingford, Mile Tree, Xtreme Ales, Lord Conrads, Two Rivers and hopefully Calverleys and Son Of Sid.
There will be a fast track entrance in place. If you are not a CAMRA member then the fast track price will be £15, for this you will receive admission, a £10 beer token and a refundable festival glass (£3). CAMRA members price is £10, for this you will receive admission, a £7 beer token and a refundable festival glass (£3).
There are two chosen charities: Ely based EARTH (www.earthely.co.uk) and Addenbrooke’s Charitable Trust (specifically the children’s ward)
To volunteer to help out contact staffing officer at email@example.com (you do not need to be a CAMRA member).
- 1 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 2 Post office and village shop moves into old Baptist chapel
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 Baby murder trial jury told dad was angry at social services involvement
- 5 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 6 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 7 Aspiring photographer, 10, captures Ely's winter sunrise on camera
- 8 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 9 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 10 Sewage upgrade to continue in village with two-way traffic lights
In addition to the Main Festival, there will be two pub based fringe festivals in Ely, at The Townhouse Pub and The Drayman’s Son.