Beer festival needs your help
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers are needed to help out at the seventh Ely Winter Beer Festival being held later this month with more than 70 ales and 20 ciders for drinkers to try.
The event, organised by Ely and District CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale), is being held at The Maltings on January 29 and 30 from 10.30am to 8pm both days.
Hot food will be available and there also be a joint brewery bar, hosted by Bexar County, Abstract Jungle and local brewery Three Blind Mice.
Other local breweries attending will be Cambridge Moonshine, Milton, Buntingford, Mile Tree, Xtreme Ales, Lord Conrads, Two Rivers and hopefully Calverleys and Son Of Sid.
There will be a fast track entrance in place. If you are not a CAMRA member then the fast track price will be £15, for this you will receive admission, a £10 beer token and a refundable festival glass (£3). CAMRA members price is £10, for this you will receive admission, a £7 beer token and a refundable festival glass (£3).
You may also want to watch:
There are two chosen charities: Ely based EARTH (www.earthely.co.uk) and Addenbrooke’s Charitable Trust (specifically the children’s ward)
To volunteer to help out contact staffing officer at email@example.com (you do not need to be a CAMRA member).
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
In addition to the Main Festival, there will be two pub based fringe festivals in Ely, at The Townhouse Pub and The Drayman’s Son.