Be a part of Burwell’s history at heritage event
- Credit: Archant
BURWELL Museum is opening its doors on February 23 and encouraging people to come along to find out more about the volunteering opportunities now available as part of the Fresh Winds In Our Sails restoration project.
Staff are inviting people to be part of the major heritage project, funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund, which will see the village’s windmill restored to its former glory.
A spokesman said: “The volunteering opportunities are varied – marketing, education, events management, website design, oral history, DIY, greeting visitors and much much more!
“There’s also the chance to join our ‘shutter factory’ to help restore Burwell Mill’s sails – more than 90 shutters need rubbing down and painting, before the sails can properly turn.
“Volunteering at the museum, in Mill Close, is a fun and friendly experience. As well as helping with the museum’s activities, volunteers meet new people and learn new skills. Any time that people can offer is very welcome.”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: The event takes place on Saturday, February 23, from 11am.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station