BBC Folk Award winning singer songwriter Lucy Ward is coming to Ely Folk Club
- Credit: Archant
Lucy Ward, a BBC Folk Award winning singer-songwriter, will perform in Ely next week.
Starting out as a teenager in 2009, she then reached the final of the BBC’s Young Folk Awards. Then in 2012 won the BBC Folk Horizon (Best Newcomer) Award and went on, in 2014, to become the youngest ever nominee for the BBC Folk Singer of the Year Award.
Having now released three albums, including her third, ‘I Dreamt I Was A Bird’, at the end of 2015 through her own Betty Beetroot Records label, Lucy has played Glastonbury and Cambridge Folk Festival twice.
Lucy Ward brings her ‘Blue Sky Tour’ to Ely Folk Club, The Old Dispensary, St Mary’s Street on Wednesday April 13.
Tickets to the show cost £10 in advance or £11 on the door.
You may also want to watch:
To hear Lucy’s music and find tour dates, visit: www.lucywardsings.com or for more infortmation about Ely Folk Club, visit www.elyfolkclub.co.uk
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation