Babylon Gallery to host new collection of works by Graham Underhill
- Credit: Archant
A new touring exhibition is coming to the Babylon Gallery in Ely.
Here, There and the Elsewhere is a touring exhibition of painting, drawing, sculpture, photography and video, responding to the themes of space, time and perception.
It is based on the works of artist Graham Underhill and draws upon the role of memory, anticipation and imagination in the understanding of specific places.
Based on the environment of Ely, Underhill has produced a large painting in oil on canvas, a series of small works on paper, a collection of photographs and has collaborated with residents from Sanctuary Housing and pupils from St Mary’s Primary School in the making of a short film.
The exhibition runs from September 6 through to October 5, daily from noon-4pm, at the Babylon Gallery, in Waterside. Entry is free.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a smaller, satellite display of Graham works at Ely Library for the duration of the exhibition.
Graham said: “Some works explore the themes of space and time using the images of the Triumph and the Janus. Others use landscape to investigate perception.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 5 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
“To this core, paintings, photographs and landscape videos have been added, specifically related to the five venues on the tour.”