Babylon Gallery to host new collection of works by Graham Underhill
- Credit: Archant
A new touring exhibition is coming to the Babylon Gallery in Ely.
Here, There and the Elsewhere is a touring exhibition of painting, drawing, sculpture, photography and video, responding to the themes of space, time and perception.
It is based on the works of artist Graham Underhill and draws upon the role of memory, anticipation and imagination in the understanding of specific places.
Based on the environment of Ely, Underhill has produced a large painting in oil on canvas, a series of small works on paper, a collection of photographs and has collaborated with residents from Sanctuary Housing and pupils from St Mary’s Primary School in the making of a short film.
The exhibition runs from September 6 through to October 5, daily from noon-4pm, at the Babylon Gallery, in Waterside. Entry is free.
There will also be a smaller, satellite display of Graham works at Ely Library for the duration of the exhibition.
Graham said: “Some works explore the themes of space and time using the images of the Triumph and the Janus. Others use landscape to investigate perception.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 3 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 4 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 5 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 6 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 7 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 8 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 9 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 10 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
“To this core, paintings, photographs and landscape videos have been added, specifically related to the five venues on the tour.”