Babylon Gallery set for action packed, art filled relaunch this weekend
- Credit: Archant
An art venue in Ely is to be given a new lease of life this weekend as it relaunches under the name Babylon ARTS.
Thanks to funding from the Arts Council, the space at the Babylon Gallery on Ely’s Waterside has been re-developed.
The gallery officially launches this weekend and a number of events are lined up to celebrate.
Caroline Cawley, director, said: “We’re re-launching our venue at the Babylon making it a more flexible, vibrant space not only for displaying artwork but as a micro multi-purpose venue.”
An evening with Boo Hewerdine will take place on Friday 9, before a free drop-in event hosted by Re-imagine on Sunday 11 October from midday to 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
The opening exhibition, Master Prints, runs until Sunday 18 October.
Visit www.adec.org.uk for full listings of upcoming events.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia