Babylon reaches final of ‘best arts gallery’ award
- Credit: Babylon Arts
A gallery in East Cambridgeshire has been selected as a finalist in the Muddy Stilettos 2021 Awards for ‘Best Arts Gallery’ in Suffolk and Cambridgeshire.
The Babylon Gallery, which runs along Ely’s riverside, has reached the final stage, and the team are now asking for local support.
Chief executive Claire Somerville said: “We’re delighted to have made it to the final five in the ‘Best Art Gallery’ category.
“We’ve worked so hard in the last 18 months to rise to the challenges presented by Covid and showcase really exciting exhibitions.
“Even when closed, we turned our windows into exhibition spaces and involved hundreds of people in creative projects.
You may also want to watch:
“In the last month, we’ve showcased national and international artists in our young curator's exhibition: I Matter, and I’m thrilled that we’re in the final along with other great galleries in the region.”
Supporters can vote for the Babylon Gallery by visiting the Muddy Stilettos website by 5pm on Friday 23rd July: https://suffolkcambs.muddystilettos.co.uk/vote/
- 1 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 2 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 7 First homes approved for Waterbeach Barracks
- 8 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say
- 10 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school