Babylon reaches final of ‘best arts gallery’ award
- Credit: Babylon Arts
A gallery in East Cambridgeshire has been selected as a finalist in the Muddy Stilettos 2021 Awards for ‘Best Arts Gallery’ in Suffolk and Cambridgeshire.
The Babylon Gallery, which runs along Ely’s riverside, has reached the final stage, and the team are now asking for local support.
Chief executive Claire Somerville said: “We’re delighted to have made it to the final five in the ‘Best Art Gallery’ category.
“We’ve worked so hard in the last 18 months to rise to the challenges presented by Covid and showcase really exciting exhibitions.
“Even when closed, we turned our windows into exhibition spaces and involved hundreds of people in creative projects.
“In the last month, we’ve showcased national and international artists in our young curator's exhibition: I Matter, and I’m thrilled that we’re in the final along with other great galleries in the region.”
Supporters can vote for the Babylon Gallery by visiting the Muddy Stilettos website by 5pm on Friday 23rd July: https://suffolkcambs.muddystilettos.co.uk/vote/
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 3 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 4 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 5 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Frustration for Ely City is United's gain as unbeaten home run ends
- 9 'Farmgate' report leaks reveal concerns over Manor Farm tenancy
- 10 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens