Exhibition of watercolour work at Babylon Gallery in Ely
- Credit: Archant
The Babylon Gallery in Ely will host an exhibition of watercolourists by East Anglian art collective The Society of East Anglian Watercolourists (SEAW).
Featuring more than 80 works, the exhibition will give viewers the chance to look at contemporary and traditional style watercolours.
Vandy Massey, chairman of SEAW, said: “We are thrilled with the response to our call for entries.
“The standard of work submitted is exceptional and this will be an exhibition not to missed. “Watercolour is an increasingly popular medium, with artists and art collectors loving it for its spontaneity and the beauty of its translucent colours.”
All works in the exhibition are selected by a panel of expert judges and visitors will have the opportunity to view and purchase the paintings.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition is open from Tuesday 16 to Sunday 28 October.
For more information visit www.seaw.co.uk or www.babylonarts.org.uk/gallery
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 7 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 8 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 9 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed