Babylon Bites at ADeC’s Babylon Gallery
- Credit: Archant
Fed up with the same old festive fare? Why not get off the sofa and head down to the Babylon Gallery on Ely’s Waterside, where you can get your teeth into an exciting and varied programme of evening events on Fridays and Saturdays throughout January entitled Babylon Bites.
Among the items on offer with be a Zombie Super 8 film night, a one-man Dickens extravaganza, an illustrated history of Fen Skating, and an account of witchcraft in Ely.
Kicking off the season will be Pickwick’s Fenland Scrapboo by Mike Petty on Friday January 3 at 7.30pm and Brian Watson performing his one man show My Friend, Mr Dickens, on Saturday January 4.
Mike Petty, a well known historian and former librarian of the Cambridgeshire Collection will deliver an illustrated talk, with accounts of fenland winters in bygone years.
Brian Watson portrays Charles Dickens’ great friend and first biographer, John Forster, as well as many of the well-known characters from Dickens’ books through dramatised readings in the author’s own style. The show has played to great success in halls and theatres of all sizes.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for both events cost £5 or £3 for ADeC/cinema members.
All proceeds from Babylon Bites will go to support the work of ADeC. Box Office 01353 616991. Online tickets www.adec.org.uk
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
*More events will be added to the programme, so check the ADeC website for the latest news: www.adec.org.uk