Babylon Bites at ADeC’s Babylon Gallery
- Credit: Archant
Fed up with the same old festive fare? Why not get off the sofa and head down to the Babylon Gallery on Ely’s Waterside, where you can get your teeth into an exciting and varied programme of evening events on Fridays and Saturdays throughout January entitled Babylon Bites.
Among the items on offer with be a Zombie Super 8 film night, a one-man Dickens extravaganza, an illustrated history of Fen Skating, and an account of witchcraft in Ely.
Kicking off the season will be Pickwick’s Fenland Scrapboo by Mike Petty on Friday January 3 at 7.30pm and Brian Watson performing his one man show My Friend, Mr Dickens, on Saturday January 4.
Mike Petty, a well known historian and former librarian of the Cambridgeshire Collection will deliver an illustrated talk, with accounts of fenland winters in bygone years.
Brian Watson portrays Charles Dickens’ great friend and first biographer, John Forster, as well as many of the well-known characters from Dickens’ books through dramatised readings in the author’s own style. The show has played to great success in halls and theatres of all sizes.
Tickets for both events cost £5 or £3 for ADeC/cinema members.
All proceeds from Babylon Bites will go to support the work of ADeC. Box Office 01353 616991. Online tickets www.adec.org.uk
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 4 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 5 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 6 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 7 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 8 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
*More events will be added to the programme, so check the ADeC website for the latest news: www.adec.org.uk