Celebrate Christmas at Babylon ARTS fundraising concert with Cambridge Voices
- Credit: Archant
Celebrate Christmas at a Babylon ARTS fundraising concert as Ely Cathedral’s gift and food fair comes to a close on Saturday November 18.
Join in the lively singing of seasonal songs alongside heart-warming carols, all led by the internationally-acclaimed Cambridge Voices, directed by Ian de Massini, a former choral scholar King’s College Cambridge Chapel Choir.
Bring your little ones and see them sing ‘Away in a Manger’ onstage, lit by candlelight.
Join in the singing with Handel’s ‘Hallelujah Chorus’ (music will be provided, or bring your own), and in ‘The 12 Days of Christmas’ in a new version specially created for the concert by Ian de Massini.
The concert begins with everyone singing ‘Once in Royal David’s City’, sung in procession, and ends with a rousing medley of eight different carols.
You may also want to watch:
All proceeds go to support the work of Babylon ARTS.
Tickets, £28 for family/friends (up to four), £12 per adult, £5 for under 16s and free for under threes, are available by calling 01353 616991.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
The concert starts at 5pm.