Drive-in cinema organisers 'floored with positive feedback'
- Credit: BABYLON ARTS
Organisers of Ely's drive-in cinema have been "floored with positive feedback" from film fans.
The second of its kind in the city, the Babylon ARTS event offered three separate screenings: of Trolls World Tour, The Greatest Showman and Dirty Dancing.
The drive-in was originally scheduled for May 8 but had to be moved to June 6 due to unsuitable weather conditions.
The organisers say they have been "flooded with positive feedback" and requests for them to organise more drive-in events.
One attendee said: "It was absolutely brilliant! Great staff, well organised, good sound, fantastic film. Thank you everyone.”
You may also want to watch:
Another attendee said: "Fantastic end to our half term break. Perfect evening for it. Please do it again soon.”
Claire Somerville, chief executive of Babylon Arts, said: “We’re so delighted with how well the drive-in went and how keen people are to see it happen again.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 6 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 7 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 8 Welcome to the Fens but can you guess which part?
- 9 Petition calls for more Cambs busways to be scrapped
- 10 Chilled out seal photographed relaxing on Cambs riverbank
"The drive-in was delivered with sponsorship from Lancaster Way Business Park, whom we’d like to thank, as well as all who attended for helping to make it such a success.”
Claire added: “Now that the Babylon Cinema at the Maltings has reopened, we hope the drive-in cinema has helped us reach new audiences and that they come along to our regular cinema screenings soon."
Visit www.babylonarts.org.uk for information about the forthcoming programme.