Babylon ARTS set to launch band development project at Centre E in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Babylon ARTS is to host a new music programme at Centre E on Barton Road in Ely next month.
Thanks to a grant from the Big Lottery Fund, the new band development project aims to build on two of last year’s projects.
The first was offering creative workshops at YEH! (Youth Ely Hub) and the other was the Innovation music night concerts that were organised by young people and supported local musicians.
The new project will offer young people aged 12 to 18 the opportunity to sign up for a series of 10 workshops which will look at song-writing, recording and performing.
The sessions will include free trips to a recording studio, performance opportunities and the chance to earn an Arts Award qualification.
Nathan Jones, of Babylon ARTS, said: “Both projects illustrated the interest from young people in making music but also highlighted the need for more progression routes and facilities in the local community.
“This project is ideal for anyone wishing to meet other musicians to form a band or for groups who would value some extra support and a place to develop their skills.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 8 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
“We ran a similar project 10 years ago and many of the young people who took part in that are still active musicians.
“I look forward to hearing and supporting the next wave of musical talent coming from East Cambridgeshire.”
The sessions will run on Thursday evenings starting on November 9.
For more information or to sign up for a place contact email@example.com