Award winning barbershop comes to King’s Ely
- Credit: Archant
Three championship barbershop quartets come to King’s Ely this weekend to work with the school’s King’s Barbers and perform with them in the evening.
Old Elean, former chorister and ex-barber Paul Hargest has been keen to get the groups across to Ely to show why they are regarded as some of the best in the country.
Two of the quartets have been invited to America to compete in the Barbershop Convention and Collegiate contest in Nashville and members of the groups are all singers with the Great Western Chorus from Bristol, who are nine times and current UK Barbershop Champions.
Paul, who lived in Ely for many years, said: “I’ve been looking forward to bringing my chorus friends back home to Ely so that the boys who sing in the barbers at the moment can see where singing can take them.
“Singing as a chorister and then as a barber was a superb preparation for the high standard of performance and entertainment that the Great Western Chorus requires.
It’s going to be a great night!”
The concert takes place on Saturday May 14 in The Hayward Theatre, King’s Ely.
- 1 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 2 Petition launched to save village pub
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 5 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 6 Unearthed treasures to be displayed outside British Museum for first time
- 7 Izzy, 16, bids to kickstart female football revolution with new team
- 8 'Our dog was our motivation’ - couple behind organic dog treats business
- 9 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 10 Gay tweet pastor claims 'constructive dismissal' as school caretaker
Tickets; £8 for adults and free for children, via email email@example.com or tel 01353 653931.