Award winner to appear on forest stage
- Credit: Archant
Singer Tom Odell will appear in Thetford Forest as part of nationwide tour in 2015.
The talented artist is the first act to announce multiple dates as part of Forestry Commission’s Forest Live series which will see him perform in Thetford, Suffolk, on July 5.
Released in June 2013, Odell’s debut album Long Way Down shot straight to number one and he won ‘Songwriter of the Year’ at the 2014 Ivor Novello Awards as well as previously winning the BRITs Critics’ Choice Award for 2013.
Following a succession of sold out headline tours and with Long Way Down being certified gold, a packed summer of festival appearances in 2014 included V Festival, Isle of Wight and a show supporting one of his idols Neil Young at Hyde Park.
Income generated from ticket sales will be spent on protecting, improving and expanding England’s forests and woodlands and increasing their value to people and wildlife.
You may also want to watch:
Odell said, “This will be a whole new experience for me. I can’t wait to bring my live show to the woods and I hope to see you there.”
Tickets £34.50 (plus £3.45 booking fee) from Forestry Commission Box Office on 03000 680400 or online at forestry.gov.uk/music
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 8 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph