Auditions for Viva in Soham’s next play, Educating Rita, start next week!
- Credit: Archant
Viva arts and community group will hold auditions for its next production Educating Rita next week.
Educating Rita is a stage comedy by playwright Willy Russell which was adapted into a film in 1983 and starred Michael Caine and Julie Walters.
The play has just two actors: one male between 40 and 50-years-old and one female in her late 20s.
It follows Frank, a tutor of English whose disillusioned outlook on life drives him to drink and bury himself in his books. Meanwhile Rita is a forthright hairdresser who is eager to learn. After weeks of cajoling, Rita slowly wins over the very hesitant Frank with her innate insight and refusal to accept no for an answer. Their relationship as teacher and student blossoms, ultimately giving Frank a new sense of self and Rita the knowledge she so craves.
Director Sarah Dowd-Crosby will be holding auditions on Tuesday 10 and Thursday 12 November from 8-9.30pm at The Brook, 49 Brook Street, Soham.
You may also want to watch:
The show will be performed from Thursday 11 to Saturday 13 February 2016 at The Brook in Soham. To be considered for a part you must be available from Saturday 6 February through until the final show.
Rehearsals will begin from Wednesday November 18.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com