Auctioneer to recount his life story at village event
- Credit: Archant
Ely’s celebrity auctioneer will be making a guest appearance at a special event in Upwell on April 17.
Experienced freelance auctioneer David Palmer will be discussing his auction tales during an evening at Upwell Village Hall.
Palmer began auctioning in 1982 and has over 30 years of experience in the auctioning industry.
During his career, he has sold a variety of auctions, ranging from fields to market squares.
He has worked as a freelance for the past decade and is renowned for wearing his colourful and unique waistcoats.
You may also want to watch:
He has featured in BBC shows such as Flog it, Bargain Hunt and Cash in the Attic, as well as travelling 40,000 miles a year to attend various auctions.
More recently, he has been a member of Batemans Auctioneer and valuer of Stamford for 10 years. He regularly holds talks on personal experiences and what life is like as an auctioneer.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
Palmer has visited Cambridgeshire in recent times, first appearing at The Maltings, in Ely, in 2013 before speaking at a special event in Emneth earlier this year.
Tickets cost £5 each and are available from the village butchers, Brian Tweed and John Spikings. For further information, call 01945 772354.