Art Unequalled returns to The Maltings this weekend for its fifth year, showcasing jewellery, ceramics and paintings made by local artists
Art Unequalled, an event ‘to showcase superb art and craft’, comes to The Maltings in Ely this weekend.
Promising something for everyone and now in its fifth year, there will be a range of art on show, including: jewellery, print, ceramics, sculpture, painting, prints, photography, wood, textiles and metalwork.
Among the local artists present will be Andy English, whose work was the feature of a miniature sheet of Royal Mail postage stamps on the theme of the honeybee this summer, with the four stamps featuring his hand coloured engravings.
Jeweller Jonathan Lerer, who has been designing an exclusive collection for The British Museum since April 2015, with the first selling out in just four months, will also be returning for his third year. Similarly, jeweller Deborah Kelly-Hopkins will be presenting a necklace created from over 3.5million of sterling silver wire, with 18 carrot gold hearts, which she has created to mark the 15th anniversary of her business.
Another artist, Sally Dunham, will be introducing a new collection of work inspired by fairies, each story with a quirky twist and a tale to tell. Organisers said of the event: “Many of the artists exhibiting welcome personal commissions, working with you to create something bespoke and totally personal to you.
“Gina Hardy and Ann Biggs were among the artists last year who accepted such work and will be handing over the finished pieces at this year’s event to their happy customers.
“So, whether you are looking for a special item for yourself, loved one or home, want to start your Christmas shopping in style, or simply like meeting inspirational artists who are happy to talk about their craft, you are sure to enjoy the Art Unequalled event.”
- 1 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 2 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 3 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 4 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 5 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 6 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 7 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 8 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 9 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Art Unequalled comes to The Maltings on Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 October from 10.30am to 5pm each day.
Entry costs £2 for adults, £1 for concessions and is free for accompanied children under 15.
For more information, visit www.artunequalled.co.uk or contact Sally Dunham on 07850 286566.