Art, theatre and more at Planet B in Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
Prepare for Peterborough city centre to be brought to life with a mixture of art installations, theatre, performance art, and parades on Friday and Saturday.
Planet B, a new initiative that has grown out of one of the largest environmental festivals in the UK, opens for the final time on Saturday August 12.
The programme of events including local and national artists Emily Tracy, The Poly-Technic, Claudia Friend, Charley Genever, Keely Mills, Francis Thorburn, Scottee, Talia Randall, and Eric MacLennan, will be held at various locations across the city.
There will also be debates, live performances, film screenings, mand workshops
“Planet B is aiming to offer something for everyone, to encourage people from across the city to start discussing and debating the issue of sustainability,” say organisers.
You may also want to watch:
The programme has been arranged by the environmental charity PECT, working alongside arts organisation Metal and The Green Backyard, and with funding from Arts Council England.
For more information visit www.pect.org.uk/PlanetB
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor