Anthony Horowitz, Jeremy Vine and Robert Webb are coming to Ely
- Credit: Archant
The Lighthouse Centre on Lynn Road will welcome Anthony Horowitz to Ely to discuss his latest novel, The Word is Murder on Friday September 8.
“This page-turning new thriller is the first in a series of crime novels starring Detective Michael Hawthorne, and promises buried secrets, unexpected death and a trail of bloody clues,” say Toppings, who have organised the event.
Doors 7.10pm for a 7.30pm start. Admission costs £20 for the book and ticket.
Then on Saturday 9, radio presenter Jeremy Vine will be at St Mary’s Church to talk about his new book ‘What My Listeners Say’. Doors open at 7.10pm and admission costs £7 (collect on the day).
On Wednesday 13, head to Ely Cathedral for An Evening with comedian Robert Webb.
“Part-memoir, part call-to-arms from the award-winning and hilariously funny Robert Webb, ‘How Not to be a Boy’ promises to be an exceptional and even game-changing book.”
Doors open at 6.45pm for a 7.30pm start. Admission costs £10 (early bird) or £16.99 (book included).
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 3 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 4 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 5 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 6 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 7 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 8 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 9 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 10 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
Visit www.toppingbooks.co.uk/events/ely for info.