Anglesey Abbey gardens to be turned into a light fantastic wonderland
- Credit: Archant
The beautiful gardens of Anglesey Abbey will be lit for Christmas over three weekends, transforming them into a light fantastic wonderland.
The winter lights event will see the winter garden and riverside paths of these famous gardens illuminated at night - highlighting the natural beauty, shape and texture of the trees and shrubs in a unique, colourful way.
Music will drift through the trees, whilst entertainers will enthral visitors young and old alike.
The first weekend - November 29 to December 1 - is already sold out, so anyone wanting to take a magical tour of the grounds is urged to book promptly
Because last year’s first winter lights event at the National Trust property near Lode was so popular, a timed ticket system will be operating.
You may also want to watch:
Entertainment will include local jazz band Hat Trick. along with entertainers touring the gardens, lit from head to toe in multi coloured lights, and performing tricks and stunts.
Redwoods Restaurant and the gift shop will be open.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
Tickets are still available for Friday December 6 and 13, and Sunday December 8 and 15, between 5.30pm and 7.30pm. Both Saturdays of those weekends are sold out.
Tickets cost £10.50 for adults, £7.50 for children (5-17 years), and £32 for a family ticket (2 adults and up to 3 children).
Advance booking essential on 0844 249 1895 or by following links from www.nationaltrust.org.uk/angleseyabbey