And they’re off! Newmarket Racecourse to host its first beer festival
- Credit: Archant
Newmarket Racecourse is hosting its first ever beer festival from next Thursday to mark its annual Cambridgeshire meeting.
Milton Brewery, which is staging the beer festival, is putting on 30 real ales and five ciders for the three days and they have pulled together a good mix of up-and-coming and established breweries, including Adnams, Sharp’s, Tring, Son of Sid, Nottingham and Brentwood.
The festival runs from September 25-27.
Fresh from winning ‘Beer of the Festival’ at the Peterborough Beer Festival last month, Little Downham-based brewery Three Blind Mice will showcase their golden ale, Lonely Snake, while award-winning London brewery Redemption will have a pale ale on offer.
Popular bluegrass musician John Crampton will perform for race-goers on all three days of the meeting and on Saturday the Crackling Griffins Trio, an Irish folk-rock band, will play after racing on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Accompanied children under 18 gain free admittance to all three days and, on Saturday in the family enclosure, they will be able to enjoy a rollercoaster slide, bungee trampolines and Rowley’s Kids Club.
Richard Naisby, managing director of Milton Brewery, said: “There will be a broad range of styles, from exciting breweries across the country, so there should be a beer or cider to suit everyone.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
Advance tickets are available now at the discounted rate of £14.40 for the grandstand and paddock on the Thursday and Friday and £20.70 on the Saturday, while Premier is £22.50 on Thursday and Friday and £36 on Saturday, with bigger discounts for bookings of 10 or more tickets and free entry for all accompanied children under the age of 18.
Visit www.newmarketracecourses.co.uk for more information.