Alan Ayckbourn’s ‘darkly funny’ comedy Henceforward set for Cambridge Arts Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Alan Ayckbourn’s “darkly funny” comedy ‘Henceforward’ comes to the Cambridge Arts Theatre later this month.
Set sometime in the ‘not-too-distant future’, composer Jerome struggles vainly to complete his life’s masterwork about love…
With the help of a deranged android childminder, he hatches a cunning plan to retrieve his source of artistic inspiration, his beloved daughter Geain, from her mother, his hostile estranged ex-wife.
But the best laid plans of men and mechanical women…
‘Henceforward’ is at the venue from Wednesday 22 to Saturday 25 February for a range of 2.30pm and 7.45pm performances.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, which range from £18 to £33, are available from www.cambridgeartstheatre.com or by calling the box office on 01223 503333.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages