Aladdin panto at Ely Maltings from January 25-27
- Credit: Archant
PLENTY of slapstick humour is promised at this year’s pantomime Aladdin, being performed by Campaign Amateur Theatre at the Ely Maltings later this month.
This classic pantomime tells the tale of Aladdin, the son of a poor laundry owner, the hilarious Widow Twanky, who masquerades as Pekin’s very own Masked Avenger.
Our hero falls in love with the Princess Baldroubadour, but his secret is discovered by an evil sorcerer, Abanazaar, who blackmails Aladdin into entering a secret cave to steal a magic lamp.
The show - which runs from Friday January 25 to Sunday January 27 - is directed by Becky Green, with musical direction by Richard Hayward. The script was written by Richard Gauntlett, who also wrote the company’s production of Peter Pan, which they performed to sell-out audiences in January 2012.
Director Becky said: “I am so pleased to be working with such a talented cast, to bring this classic tale to life for the people of Ely. The Maltings is a wonderful venue, and we are very much looking forward to the show.”
You may also want to watch:
There are four performances, with evening shows at 7.30pm on Friday and Saturday, and matinees at 2pm on Saturday and Sunday. Tickets cost £10 for adults and £8 for children. They are available from Burrow’s Bookshop in Ely, 01353 669759; or online at: www.aladdin.ticketsource.co.uk
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station