Add some sparkle to Valentine’s Day with cathedral concert
- Credit: Archant
British concert pianist Warren Mailley-Smith returns to Ely Cathedral for his annual Sparkling Valentines Concert, in February.
Smith will be joined on February 14 by an outstanding young string quartet and soprano vocalist Susan Parkes.
The programme will features solo piano music by Chopin and Rachmaninov, plus Bach’s beloved Air on a G string for string ensemble and Schubert’s Trout Quintet.
This year’s programme offers an enticing mix of romantic indulgence, and popular classics to pull at the heart-strings on this most romantic of evenings.
Audience members are also treated to a glass of complimentary bubbly, by the glow of candlelight.
You may also want to watch:
Mailley-Smith made his debut solo tour of China last year and appeared for the Royal Family. He has performed at the Wigmore and Carnegie Halls and recently appeared as concerto soloist with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
Warren hails from Earith, where he attended the local primary school and had his first piano lessons there.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Tickets, priced at £20, are available online at tickets.elycathedral.org or from Ely Cathedral box office on 01353 660349.