A GCSE in Wolf Bashing saves the day at Little Downham panto
- Credit: Archant
THE story of Little Red Riding Hoodie and the Wicked Witch of Witcham will be told when the cast of the Little Downham village pantomime takes to the stage this weekend.
The dastardly wicked witch - WWW - kidnapped Prince Charley as a baby, and the King and Queen of Little Corking in the Isle must find the Prince on his 21st birthday or the village will be covered with wind turbines and supermarkets.
Spurred on by the WWW, the Wolf prowls around while Red Riding Hoodie dreams of marrying the prince. Our heroine manages to outwit the Wolf with her GCSE in Wolf bashing.
After WWW and the Wolf are captured it becomes clear that the Wolf is not a wolf but he is ............. So you can guess who marries who in the grand finale wedding scene conducted by the mayor of Lt Corking, who is none other than Ely’s town crier Avril Hayter Smith.
The show takes place tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday at 7.30pm in Little Downham Village Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £5 for adults and £2.50 for children, and can be purchased at Costcutter in Little Downham, or call 01353 699214, or 01353 698483.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut