A feast of festivities at Ely Cathedral’s Harvest Festival
- Credit: Archant
Ely Cathedral’s Harvest Festival weekend will see three days of fun and festivities taking place in the city.
The weekend kicks off on Friday, October 10, with the annual harvest supper in the beautiful setting of the Lady Chapel. The supper takes place at 6.30pm and musical entertainment will be provided by the Ely Imps and King’s Junior Voices.
On Saturday a series of displays will be open between 10am-5pm. Choral evensong will be at 5.30pm.
The harvest sung eucharist on Sunday takes place at 10.30am. The displays will be open between 10am-4pm.
At 4pm a harvest songs of praise will be held with the presentation of harvest gifts, as a thanksgiving for harvest home.
You may also want to watch:
Admission to the cathedral throughout the festival weekend is free of charge. For further information please telephone: 01353 660350.
All profits from the sale of produce will benefit Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire Rural Support Group and Ely Food Bank.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 10 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
Tickets for the harvest supper cost £10 adults and £5 for children under 12. Available from the cathedral box office or by calling the box office on 01353 660349 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org