A chance to dance and sway the night away at Prickwillow club
- Credit: Archant
Stapleford Umbrella Big Band will be performing at a ballroom dance being held next month at the HIAM Sports and Social Club in Prickwillow.
The event on Friday September 25 will see the band return to play great music from across the decades, from the 1930s to the modern day.
The rich orchestral sound of the saxophones, trumpets, trombones, rhythm section and singers of the 19-piece Umbrella Big Band give you the best from the famous bands of Glen Miller, Duke Ellington, Benny Goodman, Joe Loss, The National Youth Jazz Orchestra and many more.
It starts at 8pm and runs until 11.45pm with two intervals. Doors open at 7pm.
There will be a raffle, and barbecue food will be on sale, in the form of jumbo sausages and locally produced burgers - quarter pound or vegetarian.
You may also want to watch:
Advance tickets: Members £9, non-members £11 (available until September 19 after which the ‘pay at the door’ price applies).
To book phone Yvonne on 01223-357642 or email: email@example.com
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
Or you can pay for your tickets at the bar at Hiam.
Pay at the door on the night (subject to availability) members £10 and non-members £12.