17th annual Wilburton Beer Festival showcasing live music and 35 different beers and ciders
- Credit: Archant
The 17th annual Wilburton Beer Festival returns to the region this weekend for two days of live music.
The event which is run by volunteers will take place on Saturday, June 20 and Sunday, June 21 and will offer a variety of food stalls and children’s entertainment.
The festival is this year themed on the Rugby World Cup and boasts around 35 varieties of beer from around the country and local breweries, as well as a variety of local ciders, Pimms and Prosecco.
There will be live music from local bands Blue Thunder and Trojan Broom who will headline the event on Saturday evening.
Food options include a BBQ, hog roast and wood-fired pizza, while children’s activities include a bouncy slide, zorbing, face painting, story telling and rides on toys.
Arts and crafts tents and sports competitions will also feature over the weekend and all of the money raised will be donated to fund local community-run clubs.
The festival will be held at Wilburton Recreation Ground on June 20 from 12pm-midnight and from 12-6pm on Sunday, June 21.
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 6 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 7 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 8 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 9 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 10 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
Tickets which can be purchased from www.wilburtonbeerfestival.org cost £3 for
adults and are free for under 16’s, while a pint of beer will cost £3 and a 2015 Festival Glass is available for £4.