CYCLING: Ely & District riders celebrate setting new club record
- Credit: Archant
Ely & District Cycling Club celebrated a new club record on Sunday.
Zena Palgrave competed in the 100-mile time trial on the E2/100c course along the A11, knocking over three minutes off her own record in a time of 4 hours, 26 minutes and 57 seconds.
Beforehand, Rory Havis and Will Shepherd were also racing on the A11 albeit over a shorter distance.
Havis and Shepherd took part in the third of four 10-mile races organised by the VTTA on Thursday evenings.
Havis repeated the impressive performances he had given in previous races, stopping the clock on 20:08 giving him eighth spot overall, while Shepherd finished the course in a time of 22:23.
You may also want to watch:
Last Saturday, two Ely riders took part in the Victoria CC 10-mile event on the E1/10a course near Stansted.
Darran Bennett recorded a time of 22:13 as he came fourth, while Cliff Loveday completed the race in a time of 24 minutes exactly.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut